THANKFUL, THANK-FILLED


Let me begin by saying that I am truly thankful for each of you who faithfully read what I can't help but writing and how you've encouraged me along the way with your comments. You are a blessing in my life and this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful to you and for you.

And while I can be cynical about how impersonal "social networking" and other technologies are; last night I was thankful for Skype. Lauren (alomst 5 years old) who knows the story of "Beauty and the Beast" [but had never seen the Disney movie] and I could watch together while 1100 miles apart. It was delightful watching her face as she saw the animated images for the first time. So thankful.

This past year I've been especially thankful for the opportunity to walk with folks through the ministry of spiritual direction and how God always shows up. Such a ministry was only a dream for years. Then, in what Scripture would call 'the fullness of time' - at a kairos moment - the pieces fell together. So thankful.

The list can go on with those people and situations that have come into my life and have added depth and meaning in ways I could not have imagined. Added to that are people and situations that filled my life with joy and were pure gift.

My learning as I allow this thankful reflection to bloom, is that the process of becoming aware of those things for which we are thankful, is a lot like pouring water into a beautiful crystal pitcher. Sooner or later, and sometimes even before we know it, we are so full that it can't help but spill over. Sooner or later as we allow our gratitude to be named it becomes something we must pass on - must share - and so it goes on, multiplying expressions of gratitude beyond our what our vessel can hold.

This Thanksgiving Day, my prayer for you is one of such over-flowing thank-filledness... that will spill over from your life to the lives of those around you. And in all of our recollections, may God receive glory. Thanks be to God. PEACE AND JOY AND THANKSGIVINGS, THE CELTIC MONK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Up the Farm or Farewell to Farmville

Hope as a Verb

An Invitation